Thursday, March 11, 2010

Haikus from the Girls

Coming close to finishing my second week of teaching in China and still loving the fullness of it all.  Last night in lecture the girls used the masks that they created in the beginning of the week to write a haiku.  We didn't know what to expect since we were asking a Chinese girl to write a poem using a Japanese style in English.  It was a poem that was to be written by them to their masks.  The results were powerful and I wanted to include some of them for you to see...

Live with passion
Seek for the real me always
Success belongs meCindy

How time flies always
Just hold the present moment
You will have successCathy

Go and see the world
No matter what you will meet
Find the truth of lifeGrace

Be a strong woman
They don't tell you who you are
You show them powerMelissa

Pretty special don't you think?  I have watched these girls blossom like the lotus plant and what a spectacular sight. Leaving will be difficult but I am trying to stay in the moment.  Tomorrows coaching session will be having the girls do some role playing on the conflict of the girls needs and wants vs. the wants of their parents regarding their future and boy-girl relationships.

This week-end I am going to Xi'an to see the terra-cotta soldiers and riding on the bullet train.  It should be fabulous and I will write about the experience when I return.  Wish I could take you ALL along with me!

1 comment:

  1. Gail,

    It is wonderful reading about your accounts of this incredible experience. You and the girls are obviously learning so much from each other on so many levels. Can’t wait to hear more of the stories when you come home!

    Love,

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete