Monday, March 1, 2010

Sipping Jasmine Tea on Day Two

Hello everyone on blog central.  It's Tuesday morning and I am up bright and early sipping on a cup of Jasmine tea that is delicious.  Yesterday classes officially started .  Susan and I did a creative lab on characteristics of a leader.  We asked the girls to think about one characteristic of a women in their life that influenced them in a positive way and had leadership qualities.  What came up was persistence, optimism, bravery and kindness.  They broke into groups and further elaborated on the meaning of these words and how it would influence them as leaders. The girls are wonderful and so eager to please.  It was really interesting yesterday morning as I was sitting in front of the computer I heard a buzz of people outside my dorm window.  When I looked outside there seemed to be hundreds of students all bunched together on their way to class.  The numbers were overwhelming.  Within minutes it all quieted down as everyone had settled into their classes.

Today another creative lab and lecture as we get to know the girls a little better.  They all choose an american name and I'm not sure how they make that decision.  There are names such as Apple,Clover,Anna, Carmen, Bonnie, Grace, etc. We are trying hard to learn their names and hopefully will get a better track on how to do this. The weather remains chilly and grey but it in no way dampens my spirit about being here.  Still pinching myself when I wake up each morning not really believing that I am here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that everything is going ok so far. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete