Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Moments in China...

More moments in China.....Hi everyone.  Hope you are enjoying reading my blog as much as I am living it.  My time here still amazes me. I am in my second week of teaching and it only gets better and better.  This week the girls are working on cardboard masks that Susan brought with her.  What the girls were to do is complete the mask as a picture of themselves five years in the future.  How would they see themselves in five years.  The enthusiasm for the project was great and each mask showed creativity along with being well thought out. The girls are getting a lot of opportunity to stand up in front of large groups and learn to speak.  They work hard on learning English and are doing very well. Tonight I taught a class on sexuality.  I emphasized with them the sacredness of their body and the choices they make.  My main message was that information is power.  Opening up a dialogue was slow at first and it did progress as the class moved forward. The girls face a great deal of conflict with what their parents believe and growing up in a more progressive modern world.

No comments:

Post a Comment